Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Hammock Camping

I took the kids and two terriers camping a couple of weeks ago.  Despite the fact that dogs and children required some time to acclimate to camp life, I think everyone had a good time.

I think I am really going to enjoy my camping hammock.  The only draw back being that my mummy bag makes it real hard to get settled in at night or out of an evening.  You want to make sure you lay off the beverages a couple hours before going to bed.  That or you need to make sure you have a well labeled pee bottle available.

The temperatures on our first night hit freezing.  Once the nights warm up a bit and I don't feel the need to be quite so enveloped in synthetic down, it might be a good fit for my summer plans.

Sparta slept with me and and settled in quite well.  Stoic slept in the kids' tent and had to deal with the flopping of three pre-teens
.
We'll head out again in June.  This time for a little backwoods fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment