Saturday, October 17, 2015

Router Cover

Earlier this summer I stumbled upon a snapping turtle carcass and, with some work, fashioned the shell to act as a cover for our aging router.  Those flashing lights at night are a pain.

The shell turned out to be a lot more difficult to clean than the skulls I have completed to date.  The organic material was difficult to remove and, due to the larger area, the drying process causes the bones to shrink away from one another.

When I find another, I can leverage what I have learned.  For now, a little clear glue covers some of my inexperience.

No comments:

Post a Comment